A safe, secure environment has always been a foundation of how we operate our dental practice. It remains one of our top priorities to ensure that we minimize any real or perceived risks of exposure to viruses or contagions. We have always ensured our practice is fully in compliance with the recommendations of the Ontario Ministry of Health, Royal College of Dental Surgeons, Ontario Dental Association and the Canadian Dental Association. We regularly review new developments in this area and often apply more stringent protocols than required.
Moreover, in light of the recent COVID-19 specific concerns, we have taken additional measures to enhance the existing infection policies, procedures and controls, as a result, you may see certain changes at your next appointment.
We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff, including:
- Pre-screening questionnaire of all patients prior to their appointment and again at the entrance to the office.
- Non-contact temperature checks for patients upon entry of the clinic.
- You will find hand sanitizer at the front door and throughout the office.
- Patients will need to wear a face mask upon entrance into the office.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee station, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will limit the number of patients in the office at any given time.
- Appointments will be staggered and managed to allow for social distancing between patients and staff.
- Extra time scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- We will have a plexi-glass shield installed at the front desk.
- Plastic sheeting will be installed and a 5 Stage Air-Filtration Air Purifier will be placed in each treatment room.
- HEPA Air filters will be installed in our air ventilation (HVAC) system.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields and isolation gowns for the clinical team as required.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of reception area and restroom.
- Daily temperature checks of all staff members.