A dental crown is dental restoration that is used to provide added strength and protection to a tooth that is weakened by decay, trauma or is severe discolored. Dental crowns can be made from a variety of materials to improve the appearance and strength of a tooth.
Dental crowns are sometimes called ‘tooth caps’ as they completely cover the tooth’s surface above the gumline. Unlike dental veneers which only cover the front surface of a tooth, dental crowns completely encircle all surfaces of the tooth.
At Arista Dental Centre Guelph, our team of specialists remain current on the latest developments in dental technology and techniques. By integrating these advanced methods with our conservative approach to preserving natural tooth structure, we ensure that all treatment is performed in the best interest of the patient.
Our dental crown procedure is used to:
- Repair and strengthen teeth that are broken, chipped or fractured
- Provide protection to a severely decay tooth after root canal treatment
- Improve the appearance of a tooth that is misshapen or discolored
- Secure a dental bridge in place
- Replace a missing tooth via a dental implant
- Restore a tooth that has been worn down
Dental crown pain is usually a result of a restoration not sitting properly on the tooth. At Arista Dental Centre Guelph, we adjust and double check all dental restorations for maximum comfort before securing them into place.
A dental bridge is used to replace a one or several missing teeth by securing artificial teeth to adjacent teeth or a dental implant.
Dental bridges can be made from gold, porcelain fused to metal or porcelain. Different types of dental bridges can be used to ensure the most natural results possible in every case. Types of dental bridges include traditional bridges, cantilever bridges and Maryland bridges.
Our dental bridge procedure is used to:
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Restore your ability to eat and speak properly
- Maintain support for facial features
- Provide even distribution of force in your bite
- Prevent remaining natural teeth from shifting out of position
Dental crown problems and dental bridge problems may result from improper oral hygiene that has allowed decay and bacteria underneath the restoration. Just like your natural teeth, dental restorations must be brushed and flossed regularly to prevent further damage. If your dental restoration has come loose or fallen out, it can be easily corrected by our dentist here at Arista Dental Centre Guelph.
Dental crown cost and dental bridge cost will be determined on the materials used, the complexity of each case and whether additional procedures are required to ensure the successful placement of either restoration.